Saturday, March 28, 2009

Are you kidding me?

It was cold today. Not just breezy, but COLD. The wind comin' off of the water here near the harbor makes me want to kick someone in the shins. But...if you build it, they will come. We had some pretty colorful people come in the shop today. Everything from wealthy beach home ownin' "locals" (here every weekend, but live in the Houston area) to some Scottish guy that just wanted to check out the recovery effort here. You know what? The island has recovered! It's all just icing now. People do not walk around moaning about what assistance they're not getting. They DO (as in...make things happen) and they accomplish. I've never felt so much a part of a community and I don't even live here yet. I've said it before, the spirit here is soooo inspiring. There is so much talent here. People need to see this. That's why we're here. **jumps off soap box**

We had an artist in today and his work escapes my thesaurus expertise. He's a welder...





Darren couldn't resist actually wearing his art today. Don't try this at home.






Please...

No comments: